Thursday, April 24, 2008

This Is Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong

I have long been a supporter of the American Idol voting system. I don't believe that there are American Idol conspiracies or any tampering with the voting. I've always said that people should vote for their favorite and if someone doesn't get enough votes that that's just the way the cookie crumbles. But today I really have to wonder what is going on. Last night the talented Carly was voted off of AI and I am furious. More so than when MJ went home, because this seems very wrong. I never expected Carly to win, 'cause we all know how the finale is shaping up, but she should have finished in the top 4.

And I want to know, how is it that the two performers that gave the best performances on Andrew Lloyd Webber night are the two that have lowest amount of votes? Why did that happen? Why is Carly, who, I'm sorry folks, has the best voice on the show, on the road back to her pub-slash-tattoo shop today? I don't get it. And I am having one of those I-AM-NEVER-GOING-TO-WATCH-AI-AGAIN moments this morning. I like Brooke, I've been a Brooke fan all along, but I can't believe she got more votes than Carly and Syesha last night after her train wreck of an Evita movie soundtrack song. Even Jason (and you know I love me some Jason Castro) deserved to be in the bottom 2 more so than Carly and Syesha after his half-ass rendition of "Memory" from Cats (let me not even go into his bizarre song choice and how he did not know that song was from Cats). Are the guys over at VFTW actually making a dent in the votes? Because Brooke is their heroine since the exit of Kristy Lee. I don't know. But I wish someone would explain it to me. Because I don't get it. I really don't.


And I was really looking forward to hearing my girl Carly sing "Sweet Caroline" or "Delirious Love." I've got a bad AI hangover today and I don't know when I'll recover. This is all wrong. Goodbye Carly, best of luck.

No comments: