Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Jen P. Discusses Dolly Night

Here is an excerpt from my Morning After Idol email with Jen P. We always discuss Michael Johns:

MJ now stands for MoJo. Whew! As soon as he gave a little moaning "yeah" afer the first line he sang, my head was in a fog. And then when he broke into the 5 or 6 "wrong"s at the end, I was happy that my husband wasn't there to see the perspiration start to bead up on my brow. I wanted to grab that ascot off of his neck and tie him to my bedposts! Lordy! MJ is definately back in my book.

I liked David Cook, too. Paula actually made some sense when she said she liked his new haircut. His head doesn't look so wide now and his hair doesn't look so red, either. Kudos to Cook's stylist.

Speaking of stylists, I was completely thinking what Simon had the guts to say aloud to Carly. Her clothes are just horrid week after week. Well, I did kinda like the blue dress thing she wore when she sang that Heart song, but otherwise thumbs down on the wardrobe. When she started singing last night, I thought to myself "What the hell pants is she wearing?". Maybe Simon could have pulled her aside and gave her the business instead of National TV....'cause I was sort of afraid her husband was going to make a rush at the judging stage. Speaking of her husband, did you notice that he looked like he was the only one giving her a standing ovation? Creepy...just creepy.

Syesha was impressive. I liked her interpretation of the song, but as you predicted you just can't take on a Whitney song without a whole bunch of criticism. When will the contestants get it? No Celine, no Whitney, no Aretha....ever.

For Dolly week it wasn't so bad. I was pleasantly surprised. Good songs, good vocals. My bottom 3? KLC, Ramielle, Carly....should be Jason, but I think he's got too big of a fan base right now. Who will get the boot? Ramielle.

No comments: