Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Jen P. Speaks

So I am always mentioning my friend Jen in this blog because we are both Idol fanatics and we discuss it quite a bit. And she organizes our friendly Idol Pool. I have asked her to contribute to my blog but can't get her to do it. However she sent me her thoughts on last nights show and I thought it would be good to have another opinion here. So here is the wisdom of Jen P.:

Ok, I barely stayed awake to watch the whole show. Dave went to bed @ 8:15, so I was left to fend off the kids by myself. I had to rewind a couple times but I managed to complete last night's show. My thought: Not to give your ego a push, but my favorite was Carly Smithson. I'm coming around to liking her, although she needs to STOP with the tattoos. Last night's shirt with the ruffle collar was a little odd with the ink sleeve going down her arm. I thought she sounded really good, with a deeper sound that I hadn't heard from her before. I really liked her last night, which made me wonder why the judges didn't. I guess that's why I work here and not in the recording industry.

KLC wasn't so bad last night, but I think its just too late for her to redeem herself to America. She looks so cute in her montages, but then she has all this poofy hair on her performance nights. Yuck! I see her as a very wholesome American girl, but the stylists keep giving her beehives and big curls.

Sayesha's new look was great last night. I've found her to be very obnoxious (the "I'm an actress" line is starting to grate on my nerves!) and I've wanted her to go every elimination night, but I had to step back a bit yesterday. Her hair was darling and her boobs looked perfect in that dress. I didn't like her glitter eyeshadow, though, becuase I kept thinking she was crying during the performance.

Chikeze was whack! WTH? The switch from slow to fast in the song was awful and OH when he pulled that harmonica out, I was seriously pleading "No, no" out loud. I think he took the bluegrass remark from last week to a whole different level...a really wrong level.

Ramiele...bottom 3

Amanda, Amanda, Amanda. She just looked downright dirty; like she just got off work at the tire shop. I thought her outfit was horrid (no style at all) and her hair!!....(gasp)....looked flat & greasy. It seriously looked like she rolled out of bed, put on her biker boyfriend's outfit, walked on the AI lot, just put out a cigarette and stepped on stage.

David A & Jason C....they're getting overrated for me.

David C...I was wondering the whole time what was up w/the 2nd mic. I was kinda hoping that Daughtry was gonna run on stage and they were gonna rock the house, but I was left with just a weird mouth harp performance. When they kept egging Ryan on to try out the harp, I was cringing with the whole saliva issue so I was glad to see Ryan decline. Speaking of Ryan, he did a good French accent himself.

MJ? "He's got a way about him...and I don't know what it is". It's that damn INXS or Bono-ish movement he does on stage that is starting to make me want to look away. He reaches for Heaven now & then and that makes me nuts, too (in a bad way). I'm starting to think he does the same movements, just sings a different song each week. He just needs to sit his ass down and hold the mic with one hand and put the other one on his leg and just sing the damn song. I feel like I'm watching the guy from Simple Minds...just that MJ has better hair. I'm sure next week we're gonna hear about another favorite song of friend that died or a neighbor's dog that was run over or his sister's cousin's brother's baby's daddy if he gets bad reviews from the judges.

Bottom 3 for me?...I'm kinda w/you....Amanda, KLC, & Ramiele or Chickeze.

Adios, Jen P

No comments: