Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fare Thee Well Skunky, er, Amanda

I am sincerely hoping that the results shows will be a 1/2 hour in length from here on out. There's just no need for a full hour to give us 10 seconds of news. The viewer calls, and the recaps of old contestant's charitable works. I'd prefer to skip it. Kellie Pickler was cute though.

And Simon, please. No ego. Oh, ok, sure, whatever you say. I love ya, but give me a break.

Anyway...I had quite a moment when my gal Carly was in the bottom three. Oh my. At least it wasn't Michael Johns. I really just want to smack him out of this idea that he should choose songs because it's so cool that he gets to sing them on that stage. I keep hearing him say that. Just pick song you can sing well, not necessarily songs you like. Once you win you can sing whatever you want.

But I digress yet again. So the bottom 2 were Amanda and KLC. Not surprising and they are the two weakest links. Thankfully Ryan kept the gleeful torture to a minimum got down to business. And Kristy Lee, the luckiest girl in the universe tonight, lives to wear another awful outfit on TV whilst Amanda goes back to nursing and honky tonk bars. Ah such is life. Such is American Idol.

No comments: