Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Top Ten Guys - It's 70's Week

Well, I am sure everyone is talking about David Archuleta today. The guy basically won the whole thing last night with his version of John Lennon's Imagine. I mean, you almost wish they would just give it to him and send everyone else home. Almost. Because there is always the chance that the kid will really screw one up at some point in the competition, which would be horrible and wonderful all at the same time. Anyway, last night's performances were better overall than last week's. It's just that everything paled in comparison to Archuleta's amazing performance and humble acceptance of the judges accolades.

Here are the rest of my critiques in order of best to crap:

Chikezie: Sang "I Believe to my Soul." Complete turnaround from last week. I loved it, he did a fabulous job.

Jason Castro: Sang the Bee Gee's "I Just Wanna Be Your Everything." Maybe that's an Andy Gibb song, not a Bee Gee's. Anyway, I really liked it. The judges tore him a new one, but I thought it was pretty good. I really like him a lot and of all the contestants he seems the most authentic. And his eyes are beautiful.

Michael Johns: Gave us some Fleetwood Mac. He's in my top three (after D.A.) just because I still love him, but he has got to step it up a bit. He did such a good soul song at his San Diego audition, belting out Otis Redding, that it makes me wonder why he wouldn't choose something more along thos lines. For Pete's sake, the seventies were chock full of of groovy souls songs. I like Fleetwood Mac as much as the next person, but he really didn't do himself any favors with that song.

David Cook: "All Right Now." It actually was all right now. He was kind of cute and I liked him with the guitar.

David Hernandez: "Papa Was A Rolling Stone." Well, I have to give the guy some credit. He can sing, he does stay in key. I just don't like him or his voice.

Danny Noriega: This guy is actually starting to rub off on me a little. His performance of "Superstar" was so much better than last week's Elvis mess, and he actually got some props from Simon. They're going to have to change their focus at Vote For The Worst if this keeps up.

Robbie Carrico: Really, who cares?

Luke Menard and Jason Yeager: It's a tie between these two crapsters this week. I hope Jason has his bags packed because he is outta there this week. His Doobie Brother's was horrible and his dance moves made me vomit. Luke ruined one of my favorite Queen songs. I will never again be able to hear "Killer Queen" without a little shiver of disgust. It was atrocious. He is good looking for sure, but just so blah. And he is in some sort of traveling singing group so I guess he can sing good sometimes, maybe just not on this show.


So it seems like there are some clear frontrunners among the boys. I just really hope that MJ does better next week. I guess it will be 80's week next week, which can bode no good. Lots of Pat Benatar and Whitney Houston.

Also, Vote For The Worst has a leaked list of what the girls are singing tonight. If it's accurate there looks to be a great mix of good and crap.

No comments: