Friday, February 29, 2008

Eight Down, Sixteen To Go

So, the results are in and I was pretty surprised. After another embarrassingly uncomfortable musical number Ryan settled down to the business of crushing people's dreams.

Happily for us all, Jason Yeager was given the boot and hard last night. My husband and I were laughing so hard at his little goodbye video when he said, "I hope this works out because I will never hold down a 9 to 5 job." And then they ask Simon should he continue trying to make it in the "industry." Are you kidding me? Dude, go get a job at a grocery store or cell phone kiosk because you are NEVER going to be a famous singer. Give it up and do some actual work to put food in your child's mouth. It's over.

I did have a scary moment for a second when I thought Jason Castro might be eliminated. I seriously love Dreadlock Guy. I know he won't win this thing, but I want to see what he does the next few weeks.

Poor Danny Noriega, he gets so upset during the elimination episode. Every time he finds out he's safe his little eyes get so big and you know he's thinking that it should have been him.

But then, instead of Luke Menard, Robbie got sent home. I was surprised only because his performance wasn't that bad. Luke's was definitely worse. I guess people are just absolutely sick of that scarf headed poseur. Seriously, it's 2008. It's not cool to look like Brett Michaels little brother.

I am happy that Michael Johns was safe, because he didn't do great this week. Please please let him knock us out with something next week.

I was very surprised by the girls results. I gues Vote For The Worst must be doing a bang up job because Amanda Overmyer was safe this week. I though for sure that she was gone after that horrible rendition of Wayward Son. I really hope that she takes this opportunity to do a better job next week. Pick a better song and for Pete's sake do not wear chaps. At least her hair looked a bit better last night. She had some extensions and it was pulled off of her face. But they need to get a colorist down there STAT.

Instead of Amanda it was Alexandrea Lushington getting the shove off last night. I have to say it really did surprise me. She wasn't that bad. I think she was out of her league vocally, but so have many other Idol finalists. I guess she just didn't connect enough to get people voting.

And the other shocker was poor little Alaina sobbing her heart out after she was sent home. And Kady Malloy gets to stay after that absolutely atrocious performance. I can't believe that. I don't love Alaina but she was better than Kady. At least that tool Ryan gave Alaina the choice to sing or not because she was so emotional.

Next week should be interesting.

And I did eat my hat this morning. Well, not my hat, but one of my hubby's old baseball caps. It was gross.

No comments: