Thursday, February 21, 2008

Four Down, Nineteen To Go


First thing I noticed was Michael Johns hair cut. He is looking HOT.


Ok, are The 60's getting advertising dollars from American Idol, because they are just running it into the ground. I really hate the group singing numbers that they put together, and the one tonight is one of the worst they've ever done. The mod outfits on the girls are just too over done. Some of the more legit contestants must feel like total idiots doing that choreography.


Anyway, they have to fill the whole time slot before they kick people off so they played Paula and Randy's new "video." I had enough of this at the Superbowl. Paula is just recycling dance moves from her "Opposites Attract" video from 1988, who cares. And who else is on Randy's album anyway? Never mind, I don't care.


Then Ryan brings Garrett Haley up to the stage and without any preamble or separating the guys into groups, nothing at all to soften the blow, says "You're going home." Ryan is such a douche. I know the producers make him do it, but he takes such obvious glee in crushing the souls of these contestants. Not that I wasn't happy to see Leif Frampton and his cloud of hair depart. I really couldn't watch another week of that. How did they get that hat to stay on his head?


Then Amy Davis got the old heave ho, no surprise there at all, and Joanne Borgella. I'm a bit disappointed about Joanne, I know she could have done better than she did last night, but you know what, she blew it. You have to go out on that stage with a good song and sing it well.


Finally Colton Barry was given his walking papers. Jason Yeager should be counting his lucky stars tonight. I really thought it would be him. Or Luke Menard. I'm not surprised the Chikezie was in the bottom 3, but I think he can do better. I'm glad to see Colton go, he was not good. I was sick of that hair in his face.


I have to say there were no surprises with the voting, I guess it's so early that it's pretty easy to eliminate all the crappy ones first. I have to say again that I hope they get better song choices next week. Please do not let it be Broadway week.

No comments: