Thursday, May 8, 2008

Jason Castro Explains It All


In a Reuters interview a relieved Jason Castro on Thursday attributed his exit from American Idol to inexperience and the pressure of trying to learn two new songs every week for the hit television talent show.


Jason denies that he was trying to get booted from the show, but he said he was "freaking out" over having to learn three new songs for next week's show.


"I guess people were thinking I didn't want to be there, but that was never my mind-set," Castro, 20, told reporters in a conference call the morning after being voted off the show.


"It has just really been hard ... I was starting to fear the week ahead. Like, how can I do three songs?. I can't even do two ... I was freaking out about it.


"I really felt relief, like the pressure was off. I loved my time on there, and I would have liked to go farther, but I don't think I could have handled it," he said.


The guy only began learning guitar a couple of years ago and had played only a handful of performances before making it onto the show.


"It was just my inexperience," he said about forgetting the lyrics to "Mr. Tambourine Man" Tuesday.


"I am as raw as it gets. I have not done much of anything singing-wise ... I really had a hard time when it got up to two songs a week. I wasn't connecting to either one. I couldn't fall in love with them, and you need time for that," he said.


We know Jason, we know. We love you anyway...

No comments: