Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's Rock and Roll Night


I know it's close to showtime, but if you don't want to know what the four remaining contestants are singing tonight, skip this post.


Tonights theme is Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or somthing to that effect. Thanks to TMZ, here is tonight's song list:


David Archuleta -- "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King and "Love Me Tender" by Elvis and Norah Jones.


David Cook -- "Baba O'Riley" by The Who and "Hungry Like The Wolf" by Duran Duran.


Jason Castro -- "Tambourine Man" by Bob Dylan and "I Shot The Sherrif" by Bob Marley as covered by Eric Clapton.


Syesha Mercado -- "Proud Mary" by CCR /Tina Turner and "A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke.


So, it's pretty clear to me that, barring something crazy happening, David Cook will kick everyone's ass tonight. He picked great songs that are perfect for his style (Although I am wondering what he will do to update "Hungry Like the Wolf"). Jason Castro is not doing anything to help his pothead image by picking these two stoner classics. I am looking forward to hearing them though. I am wondering a little why David Archuleta would choose "Stand By Me." I really wish he would sing something more contemporary, not this tired old retread. "Love Me Tender" has some potential if he sings it at the piano like Jen P. predicted. Syesha will rock her songs I'm sure, but it doesn't matter because she won't win.


Anyway, looking forward to 8:00 p.m.

No comments: