Thursday, May 8, 2008

I Have Loved You Jason Castro

Last night's results show opened with a typically horrible dance number rendered all the more surreal due to the fact that the kids were singing "Reelin' in the Years" by Steely Dan. Did Donald Fagen approve that? I have to wonder. The thing is, for a few seconds when Jason Castro and David Cook were sing their solo parts of the song, it was awesome. They sounded better in that 20 seconds than they did in both of their songs the previous night. Had Jason only chosen a song like that, I might have been typing about a different elimination result right now.

But Jason didn't sing Steely Dan, he sang the Bobs (Marley and Dylan) so he's spending the day doing exit interviews and I'm spending the day drinking cosmopolitans and watching all of his You Tube videos one by one (they're virgin, I have little kids running around here).


Yes, Jason has been voted off. And he seemed happy about it. I have never seen him so full of energy. After he was given the bad news, he was laughing and smiling as if he had won the whole show. And during his swan song he was laughing maniacally. I honestly think he was relieved. I heard him say to Ryan, after Ruben was done celebrating him home, "It was three songs next week...I don't know what I would have done."


Well, you know what Castro, I don't know what I will do without your hotness to watch for during next week's show. I like David Cook and all, but for me, now it doesn't matter. All my faves are gone, the hottest piece of eye candy to ever grace the Idol stage is gone, and I feel very, very empty. Thus the (virgin) cosmo's. Jason, if you can hear me, I love you. Yours may very well be the very first Idol contestant CD that I purchase.


Other thoughts from the results show:



  • I hope Kristy Lee was watching, because Syesha could give her some pointers on how to put an outfit together that includes a sequined tank top (hint: you shouldn't wear it with cowboy boots).



  • The producers could have put together a tight half-hour show had they cut out the stupid call in bit and Maroon 5.



  • Bo Bice rocks!


Farewell Jason...I'm toasting you today!


No comments: