Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's Jen P.'s Morning After Email

Jen P. knows we're all waiting..."for my thoughts on last night's 'Rock & Roll Hall of Shame' night. Here goes:

I knew my David Cook was in rough waters after the first chorus of "do-do-do-do...do-do-do...do-do-do...do-do-do...do-do". For one, I didn't realize that Duran Duran had a spot in the Hall of Fame and I was flabbergasted that David didn't even know the damn song. What?! What kind of jukebox did they have in that bar he worked at?!

So, as I was watching the show via TIVO at 9:15, I just picked up the phone as soon as they announced David C's numbers to call. I dialed the "05" number about 50 times...getting through EVERY time. Uh-oh! I'm worried that this will be a bad replay of the Michael John's catastrophe. $#@&!!!!

And my prediction was wrong about David A. I did like his arrangement of "Stand By Me", but I can't stand the whole mini-Joe Cocker shaking thing he does. I notice that once he gets a few yelps and woo-hoos from the crowd that he starts closing his eyes and singing a little bit stronger. I even had an absolutely eerie moment after watching his performance; I turned to my husband after the judges comments and said that its become so annoying and predictable that when David gets praise, he acts like he's going to pass out from shock....AND THEN RYAN SAID THE SAME THING! What the hell? I should be hosting the show! I'm Ryan's Dunkleman! My husband tried to test me and paused the TIVO and said "Ok, smartie pants, what's Ryan going to say next?" My reply?: "Duh...If you want to vote for David, the numbers are..." I think he's a believer now, too...lol.

After the show was over, I had a lot of fun re-enacting Syesha's moves during her hair throwing, circle turning performance. AND THE TEARS?! This is not the finale, sister! Is she really gonna cry over a bad review? I thought her tears started when Paula gave her the standing "o". I'd have cried too, I guess, if the crazy judge was in my corner. Anyway, I thought there was way too much airtime spent on Syesha and her crying.

I really liked Jason Castro's first song and was surprised to hear the judges rip him apart. I don't think he's leaving, though.

It'll be an interesting results show. Cross your fingers for David C, ok?"

No comments: