Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's All You David...and David

Just when I think i'm completely over American Idol, the show sucks me back in. Last night me and my husby were sitting on the couch crying along with David, David and Syesha during their video packages detailing their trips home. When little David broke into tears on stage at his High School I just wanted to wrap him in a swaddling blanket, put him on my shoulder and rock him until he felt better.

Last night was the best results show of the season, with no call-in bits or uncomfortable time filler (not counting the horrible group number and bizarre Ford "music video"). We got our best laugh of the evening during Fantasia Barrino's frenetic performance of "Bore Me" when we noticed that Simon had a look of complete disbelief on his face:



I was also pleased to note that Simon had on a white button-up instead of his usual grey T Shirt, although he had about two too many buttons undone.

So they get to the end of the show, and the results are revealed...No shocker, it's going to be a David/David finale. Poor Syesha was not in the least bit surprised or even distressed. She knew what was coming. She handled it nicely, sang her song and made a classy exit. She should be proud of herself. She made it to the top 3 after having been at the bottom of the voting results like 14 times. Not too shabby.

I'm actually looking forward to next week's show. At least the results are not easily predicted, both Davids have a lot of support and it could easily go either way. I've been voting for Cookie since all my faves have been gone, but I almost hope for his sake that he doesn't win. He will still get a record deal, and he won't be saddled with whatever horrible songs the 19 entertainment people will make him record.

So, I'm suddenly feeling revitalized with AI excitement and looking forward to next weeks showdown.

No comments: